Saturday, August 20, 2011

A story of an angel named EJ

 When you pray for someone to be healed and for him to be happy and then God takes that someone away....Does it mean that He didn't hear your prayers and your faith is not enough? 

EJ was a cancer patient who I met in one of our outreach activities. Everyone loved him as he was a very adoring and playful kid. You wouldn't know he was sick if it were not for his mask on his face. My heart went out to him.I even bought a teddy bear similar to what we gave him, so it would always be a reminder that I need to pray for this kid every night before going to bed. (I made the bear a huggy pillow) One day, I was looking for him during an event. Normally, he's easy to spot because he always wears his green shirt. Then they broke the news to me that he died a few weeks back. I guess you knew what happened next...Even until now, when I think about EJ, I am still in tears. I've known the kid for a year only and have been with him four times but I prayed for him every single night. When his mom found out I was devastated, she looked for me at my office. She knew the company because we were supporting the foundation but she did not know my name or position. She was outside our office watching at a TV screen at the lobby where it shows the outreach programs that the company supported and there she saw me in it. The security guards directed her to my office. You could imagine how painful it was for her while she tells me her stories. I broke down when I saw EJ's last photo days before he died. Tears can just describe it to you what I saw on the photo. He was like a little brother I lost.

Was my prayer ignored by God even if I believed that He would heal EJ and requested for the best things for him? I did not ask when He took him away I was just hurt. But after more than a year he made me understand. Just the other day when I was reminiscing while looking at the photo albums, God told me that He granted what I requested. EJ is now in the best place and in perfect condition with Him. The time that I met him and prayed for him, was a bonding time between me and God. The time I spent with EJ was an opportunity to make him happy on his limited time on earth. The smiles on his face reflected the smiles on my face. The tears maybe is just about missing him.    
   
I'm holding my Christmas gift and he's holding my Christmas gift too


The day we met...Christmas 2008

Candid shot....with mom


Big bird behind us...haha

They serenaded us

His first visit to our office



Playing Hephep Hurray!

All grown up here

No comments:

Post a Comment